Intumescent Fire & Acoustic Downlight Covers
BULK discounts available
Select options below to view quantity price break table
Intumescent downlighter cover fire hoods are the best way to minimise air leakage, and each helps to encase the light without creating a build-up in heat.
Downlight fire covers OR Acoustic downlight fire covers, which are also called downlight fire hood covers, are often used when installing downlights into a ceiling below an attic. Acoustic downlight fire covers are designed to protect the unit once covered in insulation. This helps to prevent overheating as well as reducing the amount of warm air that is able to escape.
- Suitable for 30 & 60 minute fire rated ceilings.
- Fire and acoustic covers are flexible, light and can be installed from below or above the ceiling.
- Self supporting. No screws or additional fixing's required.
- Rectangular design reduces the number of covers required for popular Downlight sizes.
- Covers a wide range of low and mains voltage Downlights.
- Cut-out 44mm - 80mm.
- Cut-out 44mm - 80mm for use with smaller ceiling voids.
- Don’t exceed the maximum cut-out dimension stated for each Intumescent cover.
- May be used in plasterboard, suspended or concrete ceilings.
- No maintenance required.
- Tested on Downlights with plastic ceiling fixing clips.
Standard delivery cost is £12.50
Subtotal over £250 delivery is FREE
We use Stripe gateway to fulfill card payments. We will use personal data about your identity, including information that you provide, to perform verification services for Stripe to reduce fraud and enhance security.
- Measure and mark the center
- Push the clips and housing up through the hole
- Pull the socket through the hole for easier access
- Place the thermohood centrally over the downlight