Fire Rated Expanding Foam
Contact us for price on application
Fire-rated expanding foam is a product designed to fill cavities in walls where pipes and other services pass through. Fire can spread through these cavities and excess space around the pipes reduces the effectiveness of a fire-rated wall.
This one-component polyurethane fire-rated foam cures quickly when reacting with moisture to provide a tight seal around fire-wall service cavities and is fire-rated for 1 hour and 45 minutes when used in gaps up to 60mm.
If you’re concerned about gaps and cavities in your firewalls and are looking for an expanding foam, fire-rated foam from the FPC Firesure® range is up to the task. Tested to BS 476, each handy 750mm aerosol can comes with a dispensing nozzle to make application as easy as possible.
- Fire-rated expanding foam should only be used to seal gaps in walls between 5mm (0.2in) and 60mm (2.3in).
- For maximum adhesion always dampen the receiving surfaces with water before applying the foam and ensure that they are also free from grease and oil.
- When cured, this fire-rated foam is suitable for use in environments with an ambient temperature between - 40°C and 80°C.
- When applying the expanding foam, surrounding areas should be masked off and the user should wear the appropriate protective clothing.
- Before application, shake the can well and use it in the inverted (upside down) position when applying the fire-rated expanding foam to your surfaces.
Standard delivery cost is £12.50
Subtotal over £250 delivery is FREE
We use Stripe gateway to fulfill card payments. We will use personal data about your identity, including information that you provide, to perform verification services for Stripe to reduce fraud and enhance security.
- Ensure that all receiving surfaces are firm, clean, and free of dust and loose particles.
- Moisten the cavity or voided area with water, in order to aid installation.
- It is important to use the fire-rated expanding foam within a temperature-controlled environment. The minimum temperature at which the foam can be installed should be no less than 20°C.
- Protect the surrounding area prior to application, particularly when using the fire foam in retrofit applications. It may also be necessary to mask and protect the surrounding area of the cavity, particularly where the compartment may be decorated or furnished.
- Insert the backing mineral fibre in the joint before filling the gap. The mineral fibre is required to achieve the fire resistance period outlined above.
- Shake the fire-rated foam can for two minutes until the foam inside becomes liquid. This is essential to ensure the performance of the product. Then securely attach the nozzle to the canister.
- Fill the cavity from the base of the aperture slowly, and build up fire-rated expanding foam in layers. Ensure that the void is completely filled. Take care not to over-fill the cavity.
- Allow the foam to cure, then carefully cut off the expanded ‘cured’ foam using a sharp-bladed instrument.
- Finally, dispose of empty fire-rated foam cans in line with local regulations.