Description - Intumescent Fire Hoods for Downlights
A range of intumescent down light hoods which are manufactured in various sizes. Available In White and Black.
Features and Benefits
Used in installations to maintain the integrity of fire-rated and/or acoustic-rated ceilings where Downlights are installed.
The cover has a top section that contains intumescent which, in the event of a fire, drops and seals the ceiling Downlight and cut-out from the room below.
When installed with a Downlight the construction of the cover will maintain the fire and acoustic attributes of the ceiling.
Installed using adjustable fixing brackets (No tools required) allow fitting in 9-32mm thick ceilings. Covered by failure to perform insurance, (subject to correct installation).
- Standard sizes from 150mm x 150mm up to 300mm x 300mm.
- The 150mm x 150mm available at 105mm high for use with smaller ceiling voids.
- Bespoke sizes and heights made to order.
- Suitable for 30 & 60 minute fire rated ceilings.
- The Intumescent range of fire and acoustic covers are flexible, light and can be installed.
from below or above the ceiling.
- No maintenance required.
- Non-toxic and unaffected by moisture.
- Tested on Downlights with plastic ceiling fixing clips.
- Once fitted allows normal insulation of Downlight.
- Fire Resistance test in accordance with BS476: part 21.
- Resistance to airborne and impact sound in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-3 & BS EN140-6.