Description - Acoustic Downlight Covers
Fire and Acoustic Downlighter Covers are the best way to minimise air leakage, and each helps to encase the light without creating a build-up in heat.
Fire-rated downlight covers OR Acoustic downlight covers, which are also called downlight fire hood covers, are often used when installing downlights into a ceiling below an attic. Acoustic downlight covers are designed to protect the unit once covered in insulation. This helps to prevent overheating as well as reducing the amount of warm air that is able to escape.
Features and Benefits
Used in installations to maintain the integrity of fire rated and/or acoustic rated ceilings where Downlights are installed.
The cover is made from fire rated material which, in the event of a fire, seals the Downlight and cut-out from the room below.
When installed with a Downlight the construction of the cover will maintain the fire and acoustic attributes of the ceiling.
Heat transferring material allows the heat from the lamp to dissipate reducing early failure of lamps and Downlight/cable overheating risk.
Adjustable fixing brackets (No tools required) allow fitting in 9-32mm thick ceilings.
Covered by failure to perform insurance (subject to correct installation).
- Suitable for 30 & 60 minute fire rated ceilings.
- Fire and acoustic covers are flexible, light and can be installed from below or above the ceiling.
- Self supporting. No screws or additional fixing's required.
- Rectangular design reduces the number of covers required for popular Downlight sizes.
- Covers a wide range of low and mains voltage Downlights.
- Cut-out 44mm - 80mm.
- Cut-out 44mm - 80mm for use with smaller ceiling voids.
- Don’t exceed the maximum cut-out dimension stated for each Intumescent cover.
- May be used in plasterboard, suspended or concrete ceilings.
- No maintenance required.
- Tested on Downlights with plastic ceiling fixing clips.